Dr. Andrew P.J. Olson has the pleasure of serving as an editor for a special med ed theme issue of Diagnosis, the official journal of the Society to Improve Diagnosis and a rising, pubmed-indexed home for work in improving diagnosis. They are currently conducting a call for submissions for this special issue! Here is some information on how to submit:
Call for Submissions
Diagnosis – Medical Education Theme Issue
The Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine (SIDM) is pleased to announce a call for submissions for a special thematic issue of Diagnosis on Medical Education, which will be published in early 2019. The submission deadline is August 15, 2018.
- The official journal of SIDM
- Indexed in PubMed (all articles since 2014)
- Peer-reviewed and led by a multi-institutional editorial board
- Focused on how the diagnosticprocess can be advanced to reduce diagnostic errors
- Free (open) access for all articles in Medical Education theme issue
- Published by De Gruyter
The Medical Education theme issue will highlight research, innovations, tools, and perspectives that advance undergraduate, graduate, and continuing health professions education improvement of the diagnostic process.
The Diagnosis website ( https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/dx ) outlines:
- Author information (with article types & word limits)
- Submission process: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/diagnosis
Examples of education-related articles in Diagnosis:
- Assessing clinical reasoning: moving from in vitro to in vivo (Holmboe & Durning)
- Becoming a teacher of clinical reasoning (Olson & Trowbridge)
- Facilitators and barriers to residents’ use of a clinical reasoning tool (DiNardo et al.)
- Use of a novel, modified fishbone diagram to analyze diagnosticerrors (Reilly et al.)
Prospective authors are encouraged to notify the issue editor (Gurpreet Dhaliwal, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of California San Francisco: firstname.lastname@example.org) of their interest to submit articles.
Final article submissions are due by August 15, 2018.
Please reference the “Education special issue” in your cover letter.
All manuscripts will undergo the standard Diagnosis editorial and peer review process. If you have any questions, please contact the editorial office:(email@example.com) or Dr. Dhaliwal.